Historical Tidbits about
- E. S. Lingo had a poem for Mills that went like this:
between two hills
Where the sun shines
but two hours a day"
- At one time Mills had three grocery stores.
- Charlie Petersen had a barber shop.
- Mills had a sale yard on the south side of the road.
- Telephone Central Exchange was in the E.S Lingo's store.
- During World War II E.S Lingo would go to Sioux City to buy groceries.
- The store from Gregory would come down to buy from E.S. Lingo.
- If stores from Sioux City would not give Lingo Supplies he would set down and cry until they gave him suppies.
- There was a cream station at one time in Mills. It was operated by Wayne Vawser.
- The school house used to set on the east side of Mills up on the Hill.
- Nora Shaw used to own the Post Office.
- Mills used to have a population of around 45 at one time.
- Mills also had a bank at one time.
by Corey Focken
Last updated 4/9/99